Friday, April 11, 2008

Personality me...

Today's second lecture was FUN!!! It was about personality and it was just cool because I love this topic. Anyway, the lecturer started the topic with him giving us some personality test to complete and my result was ESFJ. What does it means? Each questions have 2 categories, for example: J-judgement, F-feeling, S-sensitive and E-extrovert . Anyway, the answer can be found in google and it says that I am....

The social status of successful people can be quite alluring to ESFJs and many marry prosperous mates and encourage them to accumulate the material signs of prosperity. Other ESFJs seem to fit in with the poor and the needy. In either case their dependability, dedication, and commitment to providing for the needs of others is, at times, overlooked. This can lead to the ESFJ feeling unappreciated and neglected. They can harbor uncomfortable feelings, which they then feel guilty and shameful about, and then they find themselves suffering from emotional denial.

If stress continues, the ESFJ will begin to feel dejected and despondent. A sense of gloom seems to be attached to their memories and the ESFJ fosters feelings of self-blame and guilt about certain past experiences. Always conscious of a sense of indebtedness, the ESFJ feels generally remorseful and may regret imagined woes. If stress becomes overwhelming, ESFJs will complain of their burdens, suspect dreadful things about their health, become critical of others who have "betrayed" them, and become generally melancholic. The ESFJ feels forsaken after all they have put up with and done for others. Their complaints immobilize so they are unable to nurture others or fulfill their demanding obligations.

Careers

This lists represent careers and jobs people of your type tend to enjoy doing. The job requirements are similar to the personality tendencies of your personality type. It is important to remember that this is not a list of all the jobs possible. And it is very important to remember that people can, and frequently do, fill jobs that are dissimilar to their personality... this happens all the time...and sometimes works out quite well.
nurse
social worker
caterer
flight attendant
bookkeeper
medical/dental assistant
exercise physiologist
elementary school teacher
minister/priest/rabbi
retail owner
officer manager
telemarketer
counselor
special education teacher
merchandise planner
credit counselor
athletic coach
insurance agent
sales representative
massage therapist
medical secretary
child care provider
bilingual education teacher
professional volunteer

Maybe to a certain extend I am but not that chronic because I don't fall into depression just because someone did not appreciate me. Yes I do mind and feel sad when I am not being appreciated just like last year when I helped my band in their 2nd concert by being the MC, they totally ignore Jayne and I after the whole concert. I mean, I felt unappreciated but Jayne felt it too!! We discussed about it but after that, life went on like usual and I did not fell into depression.

Another explanation of ESFJ...
  • Most frequent type among education majors.
  • In national sample "Leisure Activities," underrepresented in "Writing."
  • Academic subjects preferred: math, music. (YES YES!!!! TOTALLY!!!!)
  • Highest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Toe the line expectations"; among 3 highest types favoring "Clear structure," "Loyalty and security," and "Making the job as simple as possible."
  • Most important feature of an ideal job: service to others. (Sort of agree)
  • In national sample, were among those most satisfied with their work and where they work, and unlikely to leave job. (This is called being loyal!!!)
  • In national sample, greatest work environment satisfiers are "People I work with," "Amount of responsibility," and "Opportunity for societal contribution."
  • Most frequent type among women with coronary heart disease. (Gonna die of heart attack)
  • In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Talking to someone close" and "Relying on religious beliefs."
  • In national sample, ranked 2nd highest in "Belief in a higher spiritual power."
  • In national sample, ranked highest in satisfaction with "Marriage/intimate relationship."
I have no idea why but I still don't have the confident in telling the whole wide world about what I am studying now. Just now went and buy grocery with mother, met a form 1 friend and we chat. When she asked me what I am studying now, I was reluctant to tell and keep changing topic. Yes, I am still scared. The same lecturer who gave us the fun lecture told us that his wife (a psychologist who is also in the Uni) will be on duty when ever the semester 4 and 5's result is released. WHY?? To avoid any suicide attempt. Yes, the moment I heard about it, I totally got scared all over again. WHAT IF I FAIL IN SEM4? WHERE WILL I GO NEXT??

Anyway, I was actually planing to stay back and study in the library but the plan was canceled because when I was in the museum studying the bones and memorising the name of each lines and humps on the bone, a senior came by and we started talking. Apparently, if we just study the lecture notes, we can get A+. As I've mentioned earlier, 2 hours of lectures per day and thus means 2 different topic per day. If I study the reference book that we were all recommended to buy, I'll use 4 hours to study 1 chapter which is equivalent to 1 hour of lecture. This is why I don't have time to relax and catch up.

Actually this is the 4th senior telling me to just study notes and not reference book. I don't know whether to trust them or waste another 4 hours studying? I mean, I don't mind reading all the extra information and gain more knowledge, but it's the time that is insufficient. I am 6 chapters behind and I am here blogging. Haha.

Ya, today I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!! Why?? Because I played with 2 Goldens!! 1 adult (9 years old) and 1 baby (2 months old). Ale just bough a new puppy yesterday and her 2 old dogs (another 9 years old cocker spaniard) still haven't welcome her yet. She loves to stick to them and play with them but the 2 old dogs just don't like her. They growl and when she gets too close, the golden showed her teeth and was kinda fierce. The baby also loves to chase and follow the spaniard but the spaniard just run away from her and eventually growl at her. I wonder where's the Golden adult's motherly instinct because the old golden is a female but haven't given birth to any puppies. Anyway, she is just so CUTE!!!!!! Aaww, I want one!!!

**Hint...September might be a good reason to receive 1. Hehehe....joking ^^

No comments: