Thursday, April 3, 2008

jokers day

1st of April is suppose to be a fun day but I do not have the feeling of pranking anyone. It seems like I've outgrown that period of playing jokes on people until....

Lectures were on like usual and I if I did not remember wrongly it was BORING. The 2 lectures were on synapses and membrane potential & impulse. I loved this topic back in A Level and really really pay extra attention to this topic, so I was like fishing away in class as she was sort of repeating and it was not as detailed as the notes we have. Anyway, after the 2 lectures, our batch rep came up and started singing birthday song through the microphone.

"Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to sean kingston (one of our friend's nick name),
happy birthday to you!!!"
Woo hoo....(he always syok sendiri)

I was like err....happy birthday to you.....(the last sentence)

then that fellow goes....APRIL FOOL!!! Hahahahaha.....

And I was like ....LAME!!!!

After that, we went for PBL (Problem based learning) session where we sit in groups and the facilitator will give us the question or also known as trigger and we'll start discussing the hypothesis and all. Anyway, when all of us except the batch rep (he's one of my group member) was already in class waiting, he came in and asked all of us to go out. He wants to fool our facilitator.

Hence we exchanged room with another group (each group about 10 people) and it was a wrong decision:
1. The room was so small compared to ours
2. the room was stuffy
3. the room has no air cond
4. the room was so noisy due to the construction going on
5. out facilitator was no where to be seen

The PBL sessions supposed to start by 10.30am but the faci found us at 11.00am. We actually saw him knocking door by door to look for us. LOL. Well, we were not that bad OK, we kept the door opened and make sure that he can see us when he passed by.

When he came in~~ Sorry, I was late because I just touch down from Shanghai (the lecturers went to Shanghai for something, trip or work purpose...unknown) at 2am and slept at 4am and now still so blur.
All of us~~ Hahahaha..err...sir...
me..1,2,3...
All of us~~ April Fool!!!
Faci~~ err...hahahahaha....

And guess what, that batch rep that suggested this prank was not in the room because he went out looking for the faci. And I have no idea why I felt happy for the whole day and even till today, my mood is still up!!

Today (4th April), is the last day for blood donation. I sincerely want to donate my blood and get that experience!! Last year, I couldn't donate because I was under45 kg and have not been sleeping for minimum 5 hours. This year, I couldn't donate because I am still under 45kg.

OK, I was actually planning to go through it anyway even if I'm underweight but changed my mind when I saw a gal nearly collapsing. I don't want to go through that too. Ale donated and she seriously look thinner than me but she's not underweight!! The whole experience with her was just so funny.

There was this guy who came in and lied beside ale after ale started giving her blood 10 minutes earlier and within few minutes, that guy finished filling the whole pack and his blood was still flowing like water when they filled up another 3 small tubes. We were complaining how can his blood flow so fast and laughed about it. Before he went off, he wished ale good luck and ale's blood bag was like only 3 quarter full.

When she FINALLY fill the whole bag, it was the 3 small tubes turn. Ale's blood was flowing out no, was dripping one drop after another (that guy's blood was really flowing) and by the 2nd tube, her blood was like stopped dripping so the nurse turn the needle that was stuck in her veins till it came off. But she did not realise it until she asked for help. By the way, Ale's hand was turning blueish and she was so scared (Oh no, my hand is dead...)

Anyway, I'll try to gain a little more weight, maybe just reach 45kg so that I can AT LAST donate some blood to help those who need it!!!

No comments: