Friday, May 16, 2008

me and art craft

On Monday, my friend Natasha asked me to make 20 bookmarks for the crusader's club (some AIDS awareness club) and how did she tell me?

At the escalator, me going to ground floor while she was walking on the ground floor.
Me ~ Hey hey (waving on the escalator)
Natasha ~ (looks up) Hello...(walking towards me on the ground floor), hey can you make 20 bookmarks by this Friday?
Me ~ Err, what is it for?
Natasha ~ Oh, we'll selling it to raise fund for this AIDS foundation.
Me ~ Oh, sure.
Natasha ~ OK, thank you so much, I'll give you the designs later..

After that conversation, I honestly totally forgot about my task.

On Wednesday, I saw Esther making bookmarks and lots of red ribbon. Some of the others were sticking the red ribbons to those RM1 candles.
Esther looked up when I approached.
Me ~ hey hey, what are you doing?
Esther ~Oh, making the bookmarks and candle to sell on Friday. You are making the bookmarks too right?
Me ~Err...ya but Natasha said she'll pass me the design or something....
Esther ~ Oh, you can actually just do anything you know.
Me ~ Oh (and feeling ashamed)

I quickly smsed Natasha and asked her about the details. My mind was thinking and thinking what design and what slogan? These bookmarks are for sale, I got to make it worth it.

After spending most of my study time thinking about the design, I decided to google for some ideas for the design and slogans. Surprisingly google gave me a lot of complicated and hard design so I went home and asked for my mother's opinion. Typical mother just gave her oh-my-great-ideas opinion but it wasn't all too great for me. Suddenly, I recalled brother having lots of such bookmarks so I went to his room to hunt them down.

Sadly, after much nagging from mother, he cleaned his room last month and not even one single trace of bookmarks or awareness slogan were found. While watching TV, my mind was thinking and thinking and finally my last resort was just do what I think is nice.

My 20 bookmarks used up my whole Thursday and I was so "semangat" that i purposely went out to get papers and plastic covers for it. Yes, it was done but when I showed my mother, her reaction was~ So ugly!! So dull looking!! Why you use black? Not nice la. you so bodoh do all 10 only show me. Who want to buy? But after seeing my face, she just added ~ since you did it already then done la. And she walked off. Yup, thats my mother but when I did my remaining 10, she tried to help by passing some opinions because before I added any new design I asked her opinion.

Friday came and I gave the 20 (10+7+3 different designs and colours) bookmarks to Natasha and couldn't help telling her they're all ugly. LOL
Before I went for lunch, I went to the stall and the people in charge there was (shockingly) said mt designs are nice and quite a number sold off already.

At about 6 something, I went and look and noticed those designs that mother said was ugly all have been sold off!!! And apparently because my bookmarks have plastic sheets over it, instead of selling it as RM2, they sold it for RM5!!!

wah, so proud of myself (still beaming)^^

No comments: