Monday, July 5, 2010

my 1st sign language class

Before I start my post concerning the title, let me tell you about my job today.

Reached office early like usual and begged for work so I got to do filing again. I did filing last Friday and it was easy and fun. But today it was getting on my nerves because the files are not arranged systematically, they were all over and the same company having few files with different years everywhere!! It was so frustrating because I swear I saw company XYZ seconds ago but I can't find it when I need it. There were 7 huge tall cupboard for the files mind you. Anyway, I end up with bad headache and was so glad when it was 5.30pm.

The staff that gave me most of the work keeps telling me I worked too fast. I guess she's having problem giving me work because I can't do much and the stuff that I can do are finishing LOL. Maybe I can volunteer to sort their sucky filing cupboards. That will definitely fill up my time.

I have many paper cuts on my hands =(

******************************************

So, my 1st sign language class was...quiet. We'll be having 2 instructors. One normal lady and another deaf lady. Today's class was conducted by the deaf lady and it was err, honestly, not very exciting. I was actually having palpitations while waiting for the class to start because I thought it'll be fun. I can actually see my shirt on my left chest beating along my heart beat!! So, it did not occur as what I've expected.

Class started off with introduction by the normal lady telling us about all the activities. OH YA!! We have ASSIGNMENTS and TESTS!!!! Gosh!! Attending deaf related activities consist of 40%!! I don't mind at all but the thought of written assignments (50%) is just so sad. Anyway, after the normal lady left, we were told (signed) to not talk, not to sign and not to write in the next 4 classes. We're allowed to start signing after the 4th lesson. AND this level only includes signing alphabets and numbers which I already know since Al lend me her sign language book last year.

The next 45 minutes includes us drawing and signing to explain about ourselves. So I drew this. Don't laugh, I didn't use a mouse to draw so it was not this ugly.
There were 7 of us so it took up quite a lot of time especially this aunty who is about 40 / 50 years old which have this huge family tree. Next, we learn to sign 1D, 2 D and 3D shapes.

I guess I can only look forward to attend those deaf related activities and learn their culture. Let's hope I'll be able to pass this class to proceed to the next level and be able to sign smoothly before I start my next semester.


PS: I don't know why people always assume that I'm a banana (don't know how to speak and write in Chinese) Jeez...

No comments: