Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sick of waiting

My day started off with boredom. Nothing much to do in office so I practically sit and stare at the desktop's screen saver. Sometimes, I get the chance to send documents to different departments at different floor and that's the time I really walk slowly. Anyway, another staff started calling me Jenie. I don't know how did they come up with that name but I have yet to correct them. Should I?

Mum messaged and asked me to hang out in KLCC because she's having dinner til 9ish so I walked to KLCC and watched


This movie is ok, not too bad and not fantastic. Why? Because 2 different mid 30s Caucasian men were sitting at my both sides and they kinda distracted me from having my movie-cinema-me moment!! They are both lookable and tall and well build and lookable. ANYWAY, they distracted me by their occasional laughter and taking-a-sip-from-my-drink time. The left guy put his drink on his right side while the right guy put his drink on his left side and KLCC's seat is weird as in the drink holder is quite low and between seats unlike normal mid valley's GSC where the holder is sticking out at the end of the arm rest. So when they want to take a sip, they got to look down or sit up and move forward to find their cup. Their frequent movements at different times is very distracting.

Another distracting point is Tom Cruise himself. He is so hunky and so lookable (ignore acting skills)!!!! I don't like how Cameron acts by the way.


Movie finished at 9pm and mother told me she'll finish by 10pm so I went to Kinokuniya and read the book that I planned to buy from MPH the other day (The Swan Thieves). The song that they broadcast was an excellent choice!! All the violin and orchestra pieces were splendid and so relaxing. Anyway, I'm glad that I haven't buy the book because after reading 30 pages, the story was not as good as I expected. BUT I am very much into another book-House Rules
House Rules. The synopsis- (high light to read)HOUSE RULES is about Jacob Hunt, a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, and like many kids with AS, Jacob has a special focus on one subject – in his case, forensic analysis. He’s always showing up at crime scenes, thanks to the police scanner he keeps in his room, and telling the cops what they need to do…and he’s usually right. But then one day his tutor is found dead, and the police come to question him. All of the hallmark behaviors of Asperger’s – not looking someone in the eye, stimulatory tics and twitches, inappropriate affect – can look a heck of a lot like guilt to law enforcement personnel -- and suddenly, Jacob finds himself accused of murder. HOUSE RULES looks at what it means to be different in our society, how autism affects a family, and how our legal system works well for people who communicate a certain way – but lousy for those who don’t.

Why sick of waiting? The last longest time I've waited for my mom to come fetch me was 8 hours in front of the school where I worked as a temporary teacher and it was a Friday, far from my house, raining heavily the whole afternoon till night and all school activities were canceled. Last night, I waited for my mom at the street outside MPO for 1.5 hours (from 10pm) and it was SCARY because my phone died so I don't know if my mom forgot me and the taxis keep honing to attract passengers!!! Gosh, I just hate waiting for her.

**********************

Today's sign language class was fun because we learned how to describe object and colours with our hands =)

I just realised that my office is so strategic!! I can go KLCC, Times Square, Pavilion, Bukit Bintang, Sungei Wang, Monorail and LRT by just walking!! Whee~~

I have been watching 1 episode of Supernatural every night and I have yet to get scared by that show. The only episode that managed to surprise me was the Episode 10-Asylum where it all happened in the burned down abandoned sanitarium.

No comments: