Thursday, July 15, 2010

Office Life

Yesterday, guess what time did I leave office? 7pm!! And it's because I have sign language class at 7.30pm. I'm sure if I didn't have the class, I'll be working til 8ish. I'm supposed to be off by 5.30pm. Anyway, I was asked to come to the office at 8am (usually start work at 8.30am) so there I was and continued my work from yesterday.

Why so busy? Because there's a budget meeting and all the documents, name cards and files are done LAST MINUTE. Tsk tsk tsk. And I got to help them. Double Tsk tsk tsk. By 8.45am, I followed the staff to 9th floor and my boss aka the AGM was rearranging the name cards on the table. The other proper meeting room was occupied so they were stuck in this small meeting room. They were 48 of them and some are gigantic mind you so you can imagine how cramped the room was.

I was asked to collect the laptops from 10th floor and the next thing I know, the staff was missing and the AGM asked me to stay back in the small meeting room. So I stood at a side, feeling awkward until she asked me to sit so I sat beside this Miri's head of department (all the heads flew from their respective agency) and we talked. He has 2 nieces who studied in IMU and currently in Seremban and housemanship.

After about 5 minutes, the AGM asked me to take their attendance so I sweetly and politely approached them one by one and asked them to sign. Some of them were nice and some were not the smiling type. Anyway, there was this head of agency from Tawau who reminded me of Mr. Ronnie!! Tall and a little balding and very friendly. Hehehe, I wonder how's Mr.Ronnie.

I was going around when suddenly a huge bunch of them just walked right in and I lost track of those who has signed the attendance list. Anyway, the worse part was where the CEO came in and my AGM decided to start the meeting by inviting the CEO to speak while I was stuck at the back!! I panic because I know that I am not allowed to be in this type of huge big bosses meeting so I quickly excused myself and ran up to my office at 12th floor.

Later, I was asked to photocopy A LOT of documents and that staff who left me earlier asked me to send it to the secretary in the meeting room. He asked me to knock and pass it to the secretary but I didn't feel right interrupting the meeting. I was standing outside the meeting room eavesdropping on their conversation and they were kinda in a debate/ fierce conversation. If I were to barge in like what that staff asked me to do, I think I'll be in huge trouble. So after approaching the door preparing to knock and walk a few steps back to reconsider a few times, my action caught the attention of one staff who sat near the meeting room door. I end up leaving the documents on her desks and left. Coward? Chicken? I think it's manners =P

I am officially dead after next week because the staff who's training me now is leaving!! I'll be taking over her job and she's under 3 brokers!! The amount of work will not kill me, its the part where I need to process the documents which is the killer. I don't know anything about insurance and I don't even know what a premium is!! Anyway, I'm starting to learn and understand this past week and I've wrote down everything she told me but different companies have different signing slips and endorsement format. ARGH!! So irritating!!


The pantry suck. It's dark, dirty looking and as small as a First World Hotel toilet.
The toilet does not provide tissue but each staff is given a roll every month. What the hell right?

I'm so glad I am not working permanently in the corporate world =)

1 comment:

garima said...

Man is a social animal which means the need to connect is the greatest human need. We also function at our best when we feel connected to people we work with because there is an involvement of the head (intellect) as well as the heart (emotions).An individual's life has two integral parts, namely work and family. A common notion has been that, they are two parallel tracks of life, running on different principles and overlapping them would prove to be disastrous. Work is supposedly, a place, which is strictly result-oriented, and one goes about a mechanical routine of trouble-shooting or problem solving. Read more….
http://www.oneworldacademy.com/images/pdf/workinglikefamily.pdf