Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Office Phobia + Nice Girls Don't

I finally have to do the real thing and they are both what I fear most working here.

1. I have to prepare documents and sign under MY NAME.
2. I have a telephone on my desk

Fear no.1
For those who know me, you know I hate making mistakes. And now with my name on the black and white paper, anything that goes wrong will be blamed on ME because I made the document. Gosh, this is something like having my 1st patient assigned to me in the future. Anything goes wrong, my name will be floating around. I am so scared that I'll screw up big time!!!

Fear no.2
For the past 2 weeks, I had a lot of space on my desk and the most important thing- peace and quiet. Now, with the appearance of the telephone (red by the way), it distracts me and exposes me to angry staffs to call me and scold me?! And, the phone will ring and I am forced to receive it!! My working experience as a receptionist for 1 year doesn't help much in this case.

Gosh, I was so terrified when I saw the telephone installer approached me with the ugly red telephone and asking me to leave my desk for a while. ARGH!!!!! Now the phone is starring at me and somewhat mocking me for feeling this way. let me hide the phone from my plain view first.

Actually there's fear no.3 but I kinda overcome it so no point ranting it here.
And oh ya, my boss hates me.

********************************

Curious about the "Nice Girls Don't" title? It's actually a book written by Molly Harper and it is funny!! I like the way she writes and the storyline is really funny and entertaining. So far she has 4 books-Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, Nice Girls Don't Live Forever, Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men and And One Last Thing.

The first author I fell in love was J.K Rowling with her Harry Potter series. Next was Jodi Picoult followed by Dorothy Kroomson and now, I shall follow Molly Harper's books too. I wonder if it's worth buying and keeping the books. I have the complete set of Harry Potter, 7 or 8 of Jodi's books, none of Dorothy's and Molly's because I borrowed their books from the library. I borrowed books from friends too and I've read quite a few of Cecilla Ahern's and Sophie Kinsella's books. My definition of "Molly's books are entertaining and funny" is somewhat like Sophie's book. Well, all author's name stated here write nice good books =)

Question is, should I buy the books to keep??

PS: Blogging from office so shoot me =P

No comments: