Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2 weeks after a level

After 30th Jan 2008, 3.30pm, I officially graduated my a level. What did I achieve so far since that day??

30th Jan night- Had our last gathering with some of the a levels friends
1st Feb- Cleaned the house
2nd Feb- Went and meet up with Jay(still so thick yeah)
3rd Feb- Celebrated Jayne's birthday
7th Feb- Celebrated Chinese New year and gained weight
11th Feb- Bought 2 of Jay's albums (Still lack 2 more albums to complete my collection)

Not much was achieved honestly and in 2 weeks time, I am going to start my University. Fast? Yup, you bet it is. I honestly miss all of you guys and of course the time we spent together in classes.

In Chinese tradition, we should have new clothes to wear on CNY but honestly I haven't been buying new clothes since 5 years ago and my wardrobe stayed the same since ages ago. Until this afternoon, I went through my cupboard and can't find anything to wear for University. For your information, we need to wear formal clothes 24/7 in campus!! Let me show you the dress code that I received last week.

Female students

Yes

No

Attire

  • Formal, clean, well pressed
  • Blouse with knee-length skirt or knee-length dress
  • Long pants
  • No plunging neckline
  • No spaghetti string blouses
  • No jeans
  • No T-shirts
  • Blouse, skirt, dress and trousers should not be made of denim material
  • No three-quarter pants
  • No showing of the umbilicus

Footwear

  • Well kept formal shoes or dress slippers
  • No sport shoes, running shoes, sandals, flip-flips and sneakers

Hair

  • Hair length should be above bottom line of collar
  • Hair must be well-combed, tied or pinned to avoid hair falling all over face
  • All long hair must be neatly tied up



I totally despise wearing skirts. I never wear skirt when I was in primary school or secondary school(Only if I was really forced). Its only when I went and became a temporary teacher in a school, only was I forced to wear skirts. When I went to college, my mother talked me into wearing skirts on alternate days because the skirts that I have will be a waste if left hanging around. Hence, on 1st semester you can see me wear skirts on certain days but after that, once in a blue moon. Skirts are nice on certain gals but not on me. I look even shorter and fatter in it. Hence, skirt is a NO WAY!! Now, in University I got to wear skirts or long pants. Long pants will be on me at all times because that University is really really cold!! The skirts that I have will be passed on to my sister who by the way looks better in them.

No spaghetti string blouse, T-shirts, jeans or denim material clothes??!! That is totally everything in my closet. So, I was thinking, can I just go naked instead?? Gosh, why can't all these casual clothes be worn in the campus? You look at brochures and you can see students wearing T-shirts or jeans in University and now in this campus, all these are banned. No fair at all!! Change my closet since I am already in my twenties seem to be the answer to my problems but everyday when I go for visiting, almost everyone mistakes me as 15 or 16 years old gal and its not a compliment to me. I look childish!!When I went for interview to be a temporary teacher, a disciplinary teacher mistook me as a form 1 gal who wants to transfer school. Yup, that bad =(

Footwear, what is dress slippers??No sport shoes, running shoes, sandals, flip-flops and sneakers?? No sneakers?? Gosh, I have no idea what to wear, bare foot?? But anyway, I only have a pair of sneakers which I have been wearing to college everyday. So, buy new shoes?? Thank god my mother's and sister's feet size are similar to mine. So, solution is wear my mother's high heels. Just now, she took out 2 new pairs of shoes and they suit me nicely. So, problem solved. My mother's fashion taste is totally opposite to mine so when she buy clothes for me, it'll be my sister wearing them because somehow, she likes it too. Thats why my sister have a lot of new clothes while I prefer my old ones.

Hair is something that would not trouble me at all. Just a pony tail and problems solved. This is why long hair is a bliss. Do not think it is hard to maintain. It is very easy, just ignore it and it'll be fine. Well, for me it works that way. Just pray hard it'll work for you too. Anyway, this evening went to 1 Utama and bought a long pants which is not denim material and another jacket because I really am scared of cold.

While walking around, I realised that almost every shopping complex have a "special" person that I meet or have a sentimental moment.

1 Utama- Jay Chou
Metro Prima Kepong- Mr.Ronnie
The Curve and Ikano Power Station- Jayne
Sunway Pyramid- xxx
Time Square- KKK
Mid Valley- Seng Fung
Bangsar Shopping Complex- A level gang
Kl Sentral- WH

Funny?? Nah, you are just jealous.

No comments: