Monday, February 25, 2008

Registration Day

Like wise, woke up at 5am and did some house chores. By 6am, left house with mother. She followed because she's afraid I'll faint in the middle of the train journey so off we went and waited for the stupid train. IT'S LATE AGAIN!!!! But anyhow, we were still early.

The train was so pack so we had to stand for some time before we got to sit. I was beginning to feel giddy and the thought of vomiting in the train is so not right but luckily we got some seats before anything bad happened.

Reached the destination by 7.30am and went to the toilet 1st. there we got to know new people. What a way to start orientation, meeting people in the TOILET. Next we went to the atrium and there I met lots of people. The first familiar face was Alethea. I did not know she was joining IMU and she stays near Menjalara so (muahaha) transportation might be solved (crossing fingers to stop using KTM).

Next, drum roll...... IZYAN!!!! She was sitting at one corner and when I walked up to her, she still did not realise until she turned her head and saw me. "OH!!!" with a big wide eyes (as if her eyes aren't big already) was her reaction because she thought I was joining the August intake. Later we took some files and I at last met Sharon. Sharon is Kelly's best friend and dear Kelly gave her my number then gave me her number. We contacted each other 2 weeks ago and have since been chatting in msn.

After collecting our files and handbooks and lab coat off we went to the auditorium and this was where "hi, my name is___" phrase was heard almost everywhere. Of course I sis this procedure too but honestly how many names are still in my head is a really tough question. Noise level started to increase and all of were comfortable. Did I mention who Alethea was? She's my ballet friend who went to Singapore to study, ASEAN scholarship. Such a small world because Alethea and Sharon knows each other too. First, Sharon is Kelly's best friend then Sharon is also Alethea's friend then Alethea and Kelly is my friend. See how the circle interconnect?

Well, next thing was speeches. Usually when we hear the word "speech", we'll turn off and assume it'll be a long winded boring speech but this time, it was different. The speech given by the president was interesting and true. So take note when a doctor starts to speak, it'll be interesting. His first sentence after the introduction was " Please raise your hand those who do not want to be a doctor." All of us were stunned. Here we are ready to start our course and you asking us whether we want to quit? "Ah, I see no one dare to raise their hands because parents are around is it?" All of us started to laugh. Maybe it's nothing to you now but when you continue listening to his speech you'll know why we laughed.

After speech and introduction to the deans and VIPs, we were to stand and "BERIKHRAR". Holding our right hand up, we were wearing our lab coat and reading the oath out of a piece of paper lead by Rajen. Rajen is my senior, doing his 4th semester now. I got to know him after my IMU interview because I was asked to join the open day on one Saturday because of my lack of knowledge about IMU and Rajen so happen became my tour guide, guiding Rachel Nge and I around the campus. Ya, I met Rachel there that day. Anyway, after the oath we went down to the Atrium for photo shoot.

There are 220 of us taking the course I'm taking and about 60 taking Dentistry. 220 of cramped like sardine and we got to take 5 pictures. there, I met more friends. Did I mention that Ng Wei Chin and a few others are there too? Wei Chin and others are also under Mr. Ronnie but that different group. Later we had refreshments and done. Ya, about the interview, its so unfair. if your interviewer are old people, the question they ask are harder and more towards about IMU (just like me!!). If your interviewers are young people, they will make you feel comfortable and ask you non-IMU related stuff. So unfair right??!! But it's also good because I got to Rajen who so happen to remember me and well, everything was fine.

Tomorrow, classes will start and our first class is about first aid and guess what!! Next week we'll have test!! Very good....haih

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good indeed to have a test coming right after a week, to keep you occupied =P