Friday, February 22, 2008

SiCk!!!

On Wednesday in the wee hours, I heard my sister vomiting in the toilet. In the morning after waking up, instead of enjoying the morning breeze, my mother called me up to clean the floor where my sister just vomited. Fun? To me cleaning gruesome stuff like this isn't disgusting, I can totally stand the smell and clean it off (of course throw in some mumblings). So, in the end I keep teasing my sister and imitated her vomiting sound. I know I'm bad, but read on and you'll say she deserves it!!

On the same day at 9pm, I started to feel a little weird. In the end after accompanying my sister at the dinner table, I went and sleep. At about 12am, I felt nausea and ran to the bathroom vomiting. Pregnant? Leukemia? Cancer? I even noticed I have a lot (I really mean A LOT!!) of mosquito bites at my hand s and legs. DENGGI??? And after that, my stomach hurt a lot. Remembered studying Biology, vomiting happens when the stomach's muscle contract and the partially digested food aka chyme is thrown out and thus hurting your esophagus. Crypt of Lieburkhn will then replace the lost cells. Anyway, after vomiting I had to visit the toilet almost about every half an hour because I had diarrhoea!! Let me spare you the details.

While typing here, I can still feel the pain and cramp of my stomach and I'm also biting the dead cells at my lips. You know, I dislike drinking water so after the vomiting and diarrhoea marathon I did not take even a sip of water. Partly because I was too weak to even stand and fill my cup. The agony was increased when my stomach became cramped up and gastric followed. I totally could not sleep at all. Tossing and turning on my bed, I started to feel cold and thus I covered myself with blanket and started to sweat profusely.

I keep asking myself when the daylight will come!! I want my mother to come see me so badly and give me some medicine to make all this pain go away!! But daylight came after an eternity!! When mother came in to look at my sister, it was already 8am and then only she let me have my sister's medicine. It did not help at all and the marathon continues.

In the afternoon, mother took my sister and me to the family clinic then we met the doc. I have the history of stomach pains and cramps and it's been about 5 or 6 years since I last met Dr. Lee under the Chye Clinic. Other than treating my sister and I, we even talked about orientation. He started to tell us how his orientation was that time and other stuff that he can share. Thank him so much because he told me confidently that the stuff they endure last time will not be repeated. The worst he came about was one of his juniors was forced to strip naked and one of them did not want to follow orders. He ended up running along the fan because the seniors took a rope and tied at the fan and at his penis. SICK!!

Anyway, it took me 24 hours to feel better. Even now, my vomiting stopped but I still have diarrhoea now and then. My stomach is still full with gas and I still have fever. My way of reducing fever is wearing long pants and long sleeves shirt then add on a blanket then sweat till you stink I mean really sweaty. But the problem is my sister hates hot while I hate cold. So both of us can't be in the same room at the same time hence I went to the living room and slept on the sofa only to be awakened by my dog's nosy nose poking at me. When I open my blanket, I really can see water (sweat) accumulated at my arms and neck and whole shirt was wet. But mom said fever is still there and even scolded me because she said I can catch cold easily.

Anyway, when I was in the middle of my suffering, I wanted to surf the net so badly to find a cure but blame it on lethargic I did not. Just now I went and Googled and found out my this illness is call viral gastroenteritis.
--Anyone can get viral gastroenteritis and most people recover without any complications. However, viral gastroenteritis can be serious when people cannot drink enough fluids to replace what is lost through vomiting and diarrhoea.The main symptoms of viral gastroenteritis are watery diarrhoea and vomiting. Other symptoms are headache, fever, chills, and abdominal pain. Symptoms usually appear within 4 to 48 hours after exposure to the virus and last for 1 to 2 days, though symptoms can last as long as 10 days.Viral gastroenteritis is highly contagious. (Now you know why I say I can blame my sister, she gave me this illness!!!). For more info, click stupid sis

I got to miss my ballet class, could not attend Goloka's birthday dinner at Itallianis, meet up with Shannon, miss Jay's concert tomorrow, miss my band tutor's wedding dinner and all I can do is just sleep and feel the pain. I got to recover as soon as possible!! At least by Sunday!!! Gosh, orientation will be gruesome and I need the strength to run around in campus and endure the ragging of seniors. Sigh.

No comments: