Monday, February 18, 2008

trainey journey

I wanted to make my life more colourful so I woke up at 5.00am. Cleaned the house and I'm set to go (together with my mom). Go where?? Go to the train station and have a ride. For what purpose? To try out the journey to Bukit Jalil.

For those who know why, I congratulate you. For those who does not have any idea what I'm crapping here, congratulate too because you do not deserve to know it (Jon you may be notified^^)

The first train at K station was 6.05am. When it arrived, my mom was still walking across the bridge so we waited for the next train at 6.20am. Cost: RM1.30 per person. Stopped at KL Sentral then changed train to LRT to Masjid Jamek. Cost: RM1.30 per person. Walked across the road to reach Star station and board to Sri Petaling. Cost: RM1.90 per person. The whole journey was about 1.15 hour (include walking to the uni).

In the train, you can see lots of different kind of people. There was this young man, very fair praying to his God. Saw him doing the touch your forehead, then your front shoulders (I don't know right or left first) then your lips. He was holding a chain too. Now, I have no idea why he was praying but when I saw what he was doing, I really thought he'll hijack the train and start his killing spree. Thank god nothing happened. Then there was this gal who wore a black blouse (see through), a black micro mini-skirt, black stockings and her hair was like a clown playing with her hand phone. No, I'm not being judgmental (not yet) but I wonder where is she going and don't she feels cold? Then there was this other lady in baju kurung. I was waiting for the train when she walked pass me. She smelt like she dumped herself into a pool of liquid foundation. She was not in front of me but about few meters away from me and I can smell her foundation's odour. Wow, she must have a lot of scars to conceal.


Board 3 different kinds of train?? Now, don't fret for me yet. I found another quicker and easier way. Just board the KTM commuter to Bandar Tasik Selatan then change train to Sri Petaling. The whole journey cost RM3.20 per person (1st stop cost RM2.20 then to reach Sri Petaling only requires RM1.00) and I'm delightful to inform you that the whole journey only needs about 1 hour and you do not need to cross any road as all the train stations at Bandar Tasik Selatan are connected.

The only downside of this whole journey is you need to totally depend on our Malaysia's famous punctuality attitude. Yup, relying on KTM is a huge risk to take. You may travel happily when suddenly the train can stop half way due to power failure or the train seems to arrive at the station after eternity. Another worst case scenario is boarding the sardine pack train.

That was what happened when I took the second more convenient route. This second alternative was tried when I was going home. The train to SP is as empty as a ghost town but the train back to K station is SMELLY!!!! We were all practically standing side by side and I doubt sardine are as pack as us. I can smell the body odour of those ladies and gentlemen standing guard around me. Phew~ and when suddenly someone started to cough, a lot more were followed. It was like a sign- you cough, I must cough too and it must be louder and better than you- kind of cough. Never mind, maybe just so happen everyone on the train has an itch in their esophagus.

But this is so unacceptable! How can you fart in the middle of a pack train? It was so foul that I wanted to get down at the next stop so badly but since I was stuck in the middle of the train and so far away from the door, I could just cover my nose with my hand. OMG, the smell was like boasting- the person who released it totally did not go to the toilet for weeks, months, or even years!! It was so smelly that if I was given a choice I will be like that guy who I thought planned to hijack the train. I will definitely pull out a gun and shoot at the culprit. Ok, maybe I won't be killing him but I would definitely ask him to announce how long he did not do his business!

The moment I got down from the train, I was on my knees kissing the floor and thanking for giving me fresh air (minus the dust, smoke and other air pollutions). Holding up my hand, I pointed to the sky and shouted:" I OWE YOU ONE!!!"
Ok, a little too dramatic. Maybe I just took a long deep breath and walked home to my cosy bed who has been calling me since I left it in the morning 5am.

No comments: