Saturday, February 9, 2008

random rants

Yesterday after lunch, my mother, brother, sister and I watched "Edward Scissorshand"- the movie that sort of got Johnny Depp famous.
Go to fullsize image
It was fantastic and touching actually. Anyway, my point is Johnny was fabulous(and so young). He's role doesn't need him to talk a lot but requires him to use his facial expression to reach to us, the audience. He really reminded me of great movies that are hard to get now a days.
Just so you forgot what is this movie is all about, let me tell you its simple short plot version.

Its about Edward, a robot who was created by an old scientist that did not survive to change Edward's scissors hands into real human's hands. Anyway, Edward was found by a lady who sells Avon's cosmetic. Well, she actually wanted to sell her products and saw the mansion so decided to try her luck there and ended up with Edward. (I was wondering who in the world would sell cosmetic products in an old mansion that said to be haunted??!!)
Edward fell in love with the Avon lady's daughter and she eventually fell in love with him too. In the process, he got famous and attracted a lot of housewife which so call to be "lonely", and cut a lot of grass, hair and dog hair. He even sliced meat with his hands and wall paper when he was jealous.

Interesting? You can actually see a lot of Tim Burton's new work in this movie such as "Nightmare before Christmas". There was a few prototype of Jack o' Lantern (from robots that make cookies) and the movies directed by this guy is always dark (Corpse's Bride). But Johnny Depp's acting sure make this movie worth to watch.

Just now while ironing my sister's pinafore, I recalled a funny incident. My friend who happened to have her 1st period in school after recess had blood stains all over her pinafore(at the back, butt area). It was so big and obvious that she was forced to the toilet and wash her uniform. On the way to the toilet, a few innocent but naughty guys saw her and started spreading the news. What they spread was, she shit in her uniform!!! It was so hilarious because when the stain dried, the colour did really looked like shit.

Then, another thought came to me, I remembered looking at the huge-est shit in my entire life at KPD D (lab's toilet) Well Jac and MJ, you know where I'm going right? Hahaha!! For those who do not know what I am crapping about, well, like what I just said, I saw the huge-est shit in the lab's toilet (Bio's lab). It was so huge that after flushing 2 or 3 times, it was still there floating. Disgusting? Well, this is me. You should see me that day with Karam and Jac, laughing non stop like nonsensical people. I am still laughing now.

When I was half way ironing the clothes (and laughing by myself) my sister came into the room and talked about her "suai" guy again. (suai means handsome) Anyway, she was blabbering about that guy so much till I can't help but ask her if she liked that guy. NO!! was her reaction but well, coming from her is something weird because when a few of her girl friends told her they liked her(I think they meant as friends) she came home excitedly announcing loudly that they were gay or lesbian(your choice). Thus, when it comes to love topic, you can get extraordinary news from her. Recently, her frequent question is-- Why jie jie now still do not have boyfriend? Cute? NAH!!

My sister got her 1st hand phone weeks ago from my dad because this smart dad of mine went and bought a PDA phone and end up pestering me to exchange my phone with his new PDA. Well, reason is so obvious, he thinks the PDA is not user friendly and waste a lot of time to learn up the steps. Well, I have been persuading him to admit that he is OLD. Do not get me wrong, I am not looking down on my dad. He's a great father and a very hardworking one too. He worked everyday including this whole week of CNY. But really he should know himself better. When I asked him why did you get that hand phone, he said because he thought he can check his email in it. I was like stunned!! Just to check email you got a PDA??!!

Anyway, my sister so far has only 2 of her friend's contact number. She has been so free that she started to feel bored. Hence when I was happily watching all the movies downloaded by my beloved brother, she approached me with my hand phone and walked away. Usually when she pass me my phone, there would be a miss call or a sms but when I checked it was empty. So I ignored it and put my hand phone a side not suspecting anything. Then, suddenly my phone rang and my caller ID was my sister. I rolled my eyes, paused the show and answered the phone.

me~ hello?
sis~ hello.
me~ why are u calling?
sis~ I'm bored, nothing to do.
me~ where are you?
sis~ outside with the dog.
me~ ....

She's bored and expect me to entertain her. So, how I entertained her was by closing the phone and shouted at her ~ DO NOT DISTURB ME WHEN I AM WATCHING MOVIE!!!
Later she decided to get Jayne's number and disturb her by sending sms but knowing Jayne, she will not get any replies back because Jayne decides whether that sms is worthy for her to reply. Till now, my sister is still asking me~ Why Jayne still haven't reply me?

Bad sister? Nah, just a little evil.
Happy Chinese New Year!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As her sister, you should accompany her, not buzzing her off

=P

jene said...

maybe you should let my sister bother for a day then u'll be worst!!!