Sunday, June 13, 2010

Family = Love

1 week before my exam, I woke up at 6am on a Monday (my sleeping time is so screwed up) so I panic because I know the next train would be pack like sardine!! So I hurried and washed up and woke my dad up to quickly fetch me to KTM station but my dad took his own sweet time then told me "I'll fetch you down to PWTC, don't worry. Go take your breakfast."

I was touched because my dad is a very money-minded man hence when it comes to car, he'll be thinking about petrol and $$ so I was surprised by his actions. Thankfully, I reached uni just in time (before the library opens).

The next day, he and my mother told me "Jene, you need to relax and take care of your health. Exam is coming soon. We never give you stress in your studies so why are you so stressed out? If you have any problem, we're here to support you so don't worry and stressed out OK." I was speechless, touched and felt love. Since then, Family means something to me.

Since young I was very independent and family didn't really mean anything to me (reminds me if Lilo ans Stitch). You see, when I was young both my parents were working and I was sent to a daycare at FRIM (that's why I could speak BM fluently when I was young as the daycare was 99% Malay kids). So I practically grew up alone even though I have a brother. [Well, my brother was worse off because he stayed at home by himself after school and took care of himself.] That's why, I always believed that I can survive with or without a family. But after hearing what my parents said, I was really really touch and was really really happy that I have this people as my family =)

Before that incident, I can confidently tell you I won't miss home at all when I fly off. Now, I don't think I can say it. After knowing my EOS5 result, I'll have another 10 months to fill. Hope I won't get too attached to them so I won't suffer that much =P

PS: Prince of Persia was WOW!!!!! Go watch it!!

No comments: