Friday, June 25, 2010

New hair cut after job interview

Let's start with my day.

I slept at 2.30 am because I was trying to finish my resume (so proud of my resume because can see all my achievements hehe). So when my alarm rang at 7am I could not wake up and ended up rising at 8.30am!!! Did the house chores and went out with dad at 10.30am.

Reached the Jalan Raja Chulan monorail to meet my friend but I was 40 minutes early so ended up taking the monorail to Bukit Bintang and walked to the company. Met up and had lunch then headed to the HR department for my interview.

Interview
When you think about interview, you'll think about people talking and asking you questions right? My interview was
1. Filing up a 4 pages long form which was identical to creating my resume.
2. Writing an essay from 3 questions (choose one)
Question1. Describe your greatest challenges in your entire career
Question2. Suggest 10 ways when dealing with a difficult boss
Question3. Describe what you know about the company and how you will fit in
3. Listening to the HR personnel telling me the rules and regulation, salary, dress code etc

So the whole interview was just that. WOW right?? I was =.="' because I don't even need to let her see my resume or certs. When I asked if I need to submit my resume, she just said "ya, if you have it, you can pass it to me." So she took a look and I think she was impressed because she said "Very active in school eh." You bet!! Hahaha.

Went back to KL Sentral and enjoyed a cake and coffee at Secret Recipe while waiting for mom to come back from Jakarta (LCCT).

Hair cut
Went home and suggested to (finally!!) have a hair cut so my mother took me to Mezzo and the hairstylist named Vincent cut my hair. My mother signed up for this package which costs RM100 few weeks ago which allows 7 haircuts. After one guy showed me my sit, they offered a free drink from a selection of juices, tea, coffee or soft drinks. After declining that offer, they asked me which type of magazine I want (Chinese or English). I declined again but they still served me a cup of water and still put some magazine on the table (I spotted the words "safe sex" at the 3rd (base) magazine LOL!!)

Let's talk about this Vincent. He's about mid 20s, have this cool hairstyle, long slender fingers and the thing that impressed me the most--the way he handled the scissors, very cool and have a lot of turns (like having some performance) and I believe he takes part in those hairstyling competition because I've seen such technique in television. He tried to build rapport while cutting my hair by asking me questions, complimenting my hair and suggested a few ways to maintain it. Good, but I felt it was a little too fake. Anyway, I let him decide my hairstyle and I told him I want fringe.

Before he started chopping off my hair, he asked "are you ready?" Honestly, I didn't feel anything until he started chopping my fringe. "Don't worry, this is just the 1st step. Can see that you are starting to look frighten haha." When I saw myself in the mirror with the fringe, my head was shouting "COCONUT HEAD ALERT!!!!" After that, I decided to just close my eyes and hope for the best.

When it was 80% done, I was a little bit used to the new look. My mother who went out to make a rubber stamp came back and was happy to see me with the fringe. "Yer, you look so cute like some Japan/China doll!! Haha." Coming from my mother, it was a little too weird. Next, Vincent and another guy started to comb my hair while blowing it with the hair drier. That guy too asked a few questions which was similar to what Vincent asked in the beginning. I think it's some standard questions for them LOL!!

Overall, I need to get use to this new hairstyle (fringe!!) because I feel so hot and always have this urge to sweep the hair to the side. Vincent told me I must always comb it down because I haven't had fringe for a long time (I think for the past 15 years LOL).

Take a look and feel free to critic =)

BEFORE



AFTER

Weird?? LOL

No comments: