Monday, June 14, 2010

Hachiko: A Dog's Story

While typing this, my eyes are kinda swollen and watery. I can't stop myself from tearing when the movies involve dogs, owners and death.

I just finished watching Hachiko: A Dog's Story.



It's about this dog, Hachiko, found in a train station when it was a puppy and grew up following his master to the train station everyday. Even after the master died, he still went to the same spot to wait for his master and it lasted for 9 years. THIS IS A TRUE STORY.

Hachiko.JPG
This is Hachikō, the real dog. He's a Akita Inu breed. I was tempted to get this breed at Desa Park City last year because there was 2 of it on sale but thinking of Spritz and his possessiveness and ego behaviour, I thought it would be a bad idea. More over, I love Spritz very very much.

From wiki: Due to his faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachikō's vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country a new awareness of the Akita breed grew. Eventually, Hachiko's legendary faithfulness became a national symbol of loyalty.

The statue of Hachiko at Shibuya station


They even kept his remains in National Science Museum Of Japan.


See how cute Richard Gere and Hachiko!!

After watching the movie, I can't stand not playing with Spritz. I'm sure I'll cry myself to bed for at least a week when I'm at PMS school. Gosh, I'm so lucky to have the chance to have a pet dog. Thanks a lot bro for saving him =)

No comments: