Friday, June 11, 2010

Post EOS5-1#

I'll start my post with the events on the last day of EOS5.

So yesterday was the second day of OSCE (practical exam where you examine patients) and I don't know why I was worried. Funnily, I was not stressed or worried on the 1st day of OSCE. I even went home and watched 2 episodes of Glee after my dreadful OSPE (exam questions based on models and pictures) on the second day of exam and did not read or prepare anything for the 1st day of OSCE.

So, I woke up knowing what happened to 3rd episode of Glee (watched it when I came home from 1st day of OSCE) instead of OSCE stuff. Started to panic and had palpitations but no guilt though LOL. So went to uni by LRT (KTM broke down and all trains will be delayed for more than 60 minutes for this week) and started to hyperventilate every few minutes. Thankfully my aquarium neighbour Farook (sem 3 friend who's 33 years old =P) came and talked to me and de-stress me a bit. Later Azra, my batchmate from Botswana who's 28 years old came and joined me in my aquarium.

So by 11.50am, went to quarantine room and started getting signatures and messages from batchmates on my yearbook/ convocation magazine. By 1pm, we went down and started our exam at 1.20pm. 1st physical examination station- PAP SMEAR.....WOOOHOOOO!!!! Finished that station within 3 minutes and had time to chill before running to the next physical examination station. Cut the story short, I think I did OK in the exam and I think I'll pass. Surprisingly I have extra 1 minute or more in every station to actually have a conversation with the examiners!! HAHAHAAA....not really a good sign because I think I miss out a lot under inspection section.

After exam, went and cheered and showed off to Farook that I'm free and his favourite phrase "HJ, Go away and die" was thrown to me a couple of times. Hahaha!! I'm sure I'll miss this funny neighbour. His EOS 3 is a few weeks away and hence he made me go down to atrium to buy 10 packets of Mamee for him since his time is so much more precious and I am free now. Well, I don't really mind and he's been taking care of me for the past few months so how could I reject such favour? LOL

Went to use the computer and read all the blogs in my bloglist. Then managed to download only one episode of Eyeshield 21 because it uses megaupload and if someone else is using it to DL stuff, you can't DL anything. By 4.45pm, Tham came and we talked and by 5pm we went down to 2nd floor to get our PMS result.

Many people were lining out and some even got their result already. I think about 90% got their top choices and some got their..let's just say they were very unhappy. Tham and I opened together and she got her 1st choice-Edinburgh!!!!! I was so happy for her!!! Later Jing came and she got Leceister. She was so sad and well, had tears because her top choices were universities from New Zealand, then Australia then UK and she got UK, so you can imagine how shock and sad she was (her BF and relatives are at New Zealand btw). So for one second I'm hugging and smiling so broadly with Tham and the next second, I'm hugging Jing and felt like crying with her =(

*******************************************

Just got back from saying Hi to Farook, and it's so funny because he said he's getting use to not seeing me in the morning (we're the top 2 students stepping into the library in the morning LOL) and also getting use to the new neighbout (whoever that is occupying the aquarium). LOL!!!!!!!!!

*******************************************

So how about me you ask? Well, I got...wait for it...Aberdeen!! My 1st choice. Let me tell you my real feelings. I am not over the cloud or sad or anything. I honestly was hoping that this PMS result can kinda be my escape route from ballet exam. I don't really want to sit for the exam because I suck and I know that I'll fail badly because I have been kinda neglecting ballet for studies sake and hence lost my stamina and maybe a little interest and the motivation and dedication and things like that. I don't want to have any FAIL in my life especially in exams. Besides, the thought of staying in Malaysia while seeing all my friends flying off is kinda depressing. More over, the people going to Aberdeen are people I don't really know. A girl called Janice (I never talk to her before, just smile and acknowledged that she's my batchmate) and 2 other Indians boys whom I know but never really talk to too because they well, have bad life styles and skip lectures BUT I know they are nice and good people (Tham tells me their stories all the time LOL).

On the bright side, I can save money for my dad and only study for 2 years then I'll graduate same time as my other friends at UK (their's 3 years). My friends who are going to Aus will graduate 6 months later because they start next year and need to study for another 3 years.

So yeah, that's it for now. Suddenly lost mood to type anymore and I need to go for my CSU debriefing soon. They don't want us to go to second phase thinking what we're doing are the correct technique. I seriously hope that I'll pass. I don't care about the grades anymore, just a pass would make me happy.

Tah tah...for now. maybe I'll continue after the debrief since I'll be in uni till night LOL

No comments: