Saturday, March 8, 2008

not-so-lame-anymore.....(so far)

I'll blog a bit about Friday's ice-breakers and today's treasure hunt.

Ice-Breakers
Classes started at 8am and it ended by 10am. 3pm would be our 1st aid test, hence I have 5 hours of break to study for the test. Honestly I do not know why but I did not pre-study for the test(OK maybe I did a little). Yes, this Jene has changed!! She does not care about exam anymore!!!! Anyway, I joined Izyan and her group for the break time at the cafeteria. Her group was full with fun people especially the leader. But my leader is also as lame as him by the way.

We chat and read through the notes and I suddenly asked them if they found out about the spy. Each group has 2 spies which are actually seniors from semester 3 and when I told them about it, they were shocked because they didn't know anything about spies. Thus, we spent about 30 minutes thinking and guessing and at last they found out who it was. All of them were shocked and really took it hard because they were a smaller group and were very close to each other especially with the spy!!The whole time, they were like shocked and keep recalling incidents where the spy was suspicious. Izyan was angry too.

After discussing and all, a guy came by and sat beside me and started to introduce himself. He's from Brunei and he was sharing some first aid knowledge with us. Boy was he really smart because he knows names that were WOW!!! But all of us were at 1st laughing at him before he approached us because he was kind of "soft" when he was having his brunch with this other group of people. You guys know what I mean by soft right??

By 3pm, we went to the exam hall, opened the paper and it was TOUGH!! Before that, our 1st aid lecturer introduced to us a dean from Canada who would be invigilating us. He was really tall and big and he was bold. Anyway, the paper was so touch and I was scared because it consists of 3% from our assessment!! Half way through, quite a lot of people were caught cheating and a few even banged the doors when they left to meet our IMU dean for misconduct. People without tie and name tag was also pulled out. There was this guy whose paper was tore to half because he apparently wrote things like ~this exam is lame and I am sleepy~. But I was also curious because there was like 10 marks question and they gave us 2 lines to explain. Well you know me, paper saver, drew lots of lines and the writing was extremely small (miss those days).

By3.45pm, that Canadian dean stopped us from continuing because there was too much unacceptable (People in IMU loves to use the word unacceptable) misbehaviour. He even added that we will repeat the test. I was like~ Good, I promise to study harder. But in the end, it was a big hoax. Even that Canadian dean was a hoax, he was a semester 5 student of IMU!!! Most of us were angry but I tried looking at the bright side~ at least we really did study for the knowledge sake and not for passing exam and I also sort of know how's the standard of the exam questions from IMU.

We were shown a short video about the theme I Murder You. Most of the seniors were acting in it and it was about how the president of this orientation was murdered. Next was Ice-breaker's activity!!! Let me cut the story short, but I would like to emphasis on how enjoyed I was. I was able to get back the feeling of being in band camp, playing around with juniors and bullying them then. I really really was wet, dirty but happy. I got water, mud water, flour, starch, margarine and another pinkie sticky substance on my shirt and body and hair. It was just so fun and of course team work was vital and Becky, we won every game but lost at 1 station. Hooray to our team!!!

My group have this OO who is kinda like me in the sense that he does not swear. But he is actually a fun guy who looks serious and angry when he does not show any expression. We lost our group flag on the 1st ice-breaker and my group's spy got it back for us. But another senior who is the orientation committee member took it back and told us we need to see him before getting it back. And guess what, this OO was so furious and he just wouldn't let go of the flag. He even got angrier when that senior told him he needs to let go because he is more senior than him. Wow, straight away from there, this cute innocent OO transformed into a killer machine and he even used the oh-so-famous-F word. Few of my group mates who were in the same college with him for 1.5 years told me that they never hear him swear before and never was this angry before. See, our OO is so cool!!! OUR OOs ARE THE SUPER OOs!!!!

Later, we bathed and changed and off we went to McD for dinner. It was already 9.45pm when we left IMU in 4 cars. Yes people, this is the 2nd time I am having McD, 2 more times to go. For those who do not know what's going on with McD, let me tell you. I made a resolution this year--Only having 4 meals of McD this WHOLE YEAR because last year I ate almost everyday. Anyway, I always believe that people bond better with food and yup, we were all enjoying and like usual, cracking lame jokes again. And ya, I have a new "daddy" who wants me to sms him when I reach home everyday since I am the only one catching train home everyday alone. So sweet of him. =P

Treasure Hunt

Reached campus by 8.30am and the whole thing started at 9.30am (Malaysian's time right? We were suppose to start at 9am). Overall it was fun until we reached this station controlled by the Indians (I am not being racist, coz I LOVE U KARAM!! LOL). Let me tell you the happy part 1st. The games were fun and we were all so high, or maybe it was only me. I was really really really very active and happy and I was skipping all the way. The stations we need to visit were really killing most of us especially those who are sick, having asthma and heart problem because it was from 1 end to the other end. Our 1st station was in the Bukit Jalil park, then back to IMU then back to the park again and our group was big!! The biggest so far. But I think I was happy because this is my head start to build up my stamina again especially after getting so sick thanks to my sister. And ya, we cannot jaywalk and we can only travel in 10 minutes and spent 15 minutes in each station.

From what I remember, we need to visit 14 stations and this activity starts from 9.30am till 5pm. We were playing and running even under the rain and hot scorching sun. Our group was big and we had advantages and also disadvantages. We can win certain games easily like when we need to accumulate 600 "push ups" and girls also do the guy's style (knees not touching the ground). But since it was so big, we were slow when travelling from 1 station to another. Now, let me try to list down all the things we went through and 1 bad angry incident.

1. Do 5 helicopter turns then use a sponge and absorb as much water then put it on your head, balance and get to the pail somewhere across the field and fill it up

2. Duck walk up the Bukit Jalil stadium's stairs and use newspaper to decorate our prince.

3. Do push up and accumulate 600 times. I did not do it because before reaching my turn, it was 600 already.

4. (One of my favourite station)-Remember the guy from Brunei that joined me n Izyan's group in the cafeteria? He is from semester 5 and also a spy. Anyway, because he was there, I have no idea why but I was just suddenly very sporting. When he said he wants 1 volunteer, I just ran in front of him without thinking and there I got my first egg cracked on my head. Then we did the caterpillar game, get our face painted, get flour on my head (can make dough already), toes painted(in orange colour...argh) and shirts painted. Caterpillar game was so funny. Everybody sit on the ground, hold the back person's leg and travel to the front. It was funny because those bigger size people at the back were having trouble and (haha!!) the guys were banging each other (butt to ahem). Ya, that semester 5 from brunei senior said he likes me because I'm so sporting and gave me his signature at the back of my t-shirt. He made my day^^

5. (Also my favourite station) Being a very conservative gal, I never let guys hug me but today I was hugged by a few guys and it was a real big tight hug!! 6 people in 2 chairs and we need to move the chairs from 1 point to another without touching the floor with our feet. I tell you, letting guys hug is not a very enjoyable sensation...at all. Our strategic was, 5 get into 1 chair then the other person hop with the chair to the other side, then we get onto that chair and so on.

6. Another crazy moment where I volunteered to get blindfold. All of us need to stand on (I don't know how many pieces of newspapers because I was blindfolded already) newspaper and travel from 1 point to another. Yes, everyone was squeezing on each other and I have no idea what's going on but we did it and was praised smart by the station master!! This is also another body to body session.

7. This is where the OOs came in. They hopped with a blind folded person in a time frame but we surpassed it and got penalty- Paint, eggs, food coloring poured on our body. For your extra info, my panties are now in a different colour.

8. We got to count and find blue colored stones around this "Commonwealth" park.

9. We got to put our hands in this big plastic bag of brown stuff to search for a 5 cent coin. I think it was oat+sand+dog food.

10. This is the worst station!!! Controlled by Indians and they kept us for more than 30 minutes I think (Remember, 15 minutes only in each station)!! First they make all the Indian guys in our group to take off their shirt and soak it in this pail of spices, then cracked egg, then more spices on face. Any Indians from other group that passed by also got the same thing. We have a Punjabi + Chinese mixed teammate who sort of provoked them in the first week by saying that they were immature also was picked!! 5 VS 1!!! They make her cracked egg on her hair and scolded her and all. We also have a team mate from Myanmar who also got ragged badly. I really don't understand, shouldn't you make a "tourist" feel comfortable to be in our country?? Here, I came to the picture again. He was told to crack an egg on someone's head but he just cracked it on his head instead (that's the spirit!! Sacrifice ownself, saving team mates). But they insist he cracked it on someone else's head and I went forward. I'm sure he was happy hitting that egg on my head because he's quiet and I always disturb him to make him more active. Honestly he is also like us (lame) and he always bully me back by giving me lame excuses or say things like I'm invisible or things like that.

Next, we got to duck walk, run, hop on 1 leg, run and do helicopter turns (8 for gals, 25 for guys and 22 for oo). Then the guys formed an imaginary band while we gals become the fans shouting like nobody's business. This is where I practice my high pitch. When the singer finished his song, he was to run while we were to chase n get his signature. (LAME!!!!) Ok, we followed everything even when he asked us to form a horizontal line, put our flag at the back, make us cheer then they stole it!! I was trying to enjoy every single bit of it even though I keep asking myself when will this end because they were draining our spirit away!!! And one more thing, they make our leader bring this condom filled with spices to him by mouth then asked himself to crack an egg in his underwear!!!! How sick was that!! It was just too much and we got angry and that body. When a higher ranking senior came, they got scared a bit and gave us back our flag but you know what they say? "You guys did a lot of things but no sportsmanship so zero marks will be awarded". Wow, this OO just grab the flag, walked away and shouted "I will not submit to you, and this senior junior thing is a bullshit!!". They heard it and wanted to fight back but we travelled fast and that higher ranking senior gathered us and hear us out. The president of the orientation came too.

Later, we really had no mood and we totally lost the motivation to enjoy the rest of the day. But somehow, the sun gave me mood to skip and cheer as much people as possible. Our leader was kind of down too and according to him his "little brother" is like being attacked by needles. OMG, worst was when another Indian mate who got the same egg cracking into underwear told us it felt like blow job. I really don't know what blow job is actually but I don't think it feels good then.

I know there are 14 stations but I'm actually dead tired and just want to finish this post so forgive me ok? Anyway, we went back to the starting point and when all the other groups reached too, we went to the car park to search for a ring. Yes, the theme for this treasure hunt is Lord of the Rings. One of our team mate found a fake ring so we had a cheer fight but lost. Later, we bathed and cleaned ourselves and went for steamboat in that same 4 cars.

Even after washing my hair twice, I still smell that egg smell. I wonder is it me imagining or is the smell really on my body. About my orientation t-shirt, I wonder if I can keep it as it is, frame it up I think? But then again, smelly??? So maybe it'll end up in the washing machine.

If any seniors who some how found my blog accidentally, well this is my view on the orientation so far. It is my view, my opinion and my way of interpreting things. I managed to ask the spy from my group about the reason behind being a spy and she said because they want to mingle around us and get our feedbacks. If they appear as seniors and get feedbacks, they might not be a truthful one. So here it is, my truthful feedback on the activities so far but honestly I do not look forward to dress code where we need to dress up according to themes because it is not my type of having fun. I'm a very outdoor person.

And ya, guess what, I am the queen in a sketch and on the last day, the queen (which is me, zjon marrie) needs to make another small sketch with the Prince of the Wild (mosquito). Our theme is-- The prince feels horny and wants to attract the queen but the queen refuse to follow him or something like that. So far, any weird images starting to form in your head? Yes, it'll be funny for sure but I'm not sure if that hyper sporting gal today will be back on these next few days.

To our OOs::: YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!! They carried 10 bottles of 1.5 liter water, gave up slippers for those whose slippers got spoiled, cheered for us, attended almost every meeting, treat us J Co, bought food and water, participated in most of the activities and that "daddy" sponsored us vitamin C. And all Free Of Charge!!! Really, you guys are the best OOs!!!!! Love you all!!!!!

Band members, you will be happy to know that, I am almost as dark as last time especially when we were practicing under the sun for Merdeka or competition. My whole face, hands and legs are red and hot. I'm sure if I visit you on Saturday, you guys will love me and not hate me anymore. ARGH!!!!

No comments: