Sunday, March 30, 2008

Special 2 post (revised version)

Person no.1
I have a best friend who I thought will last forever during primary school. We were 2 different people- she being gentle and lady like while I was a tomboy. I guess leadership skills was already in me as I always lead (maybe boss) while she follows. It was that bad till when I told her I did not like this gal in class, straight away since then she did not even talk to her.
We were like glue, always sticking to each other. There was once during BM class, our BM teacher told us that she still remains best friend with her childhood best friend. At the same exact second, we turned our heads and smiled to each other. Later during recess, we made a promise to each other that we will follow her footsteps and we remain as best friends forever.
Even though we meet in school, sit near each other, hang out together in class, I going to her house, (recess have prefect duty so we were not together) we still call each other every night and I wonder what did we talk about? Amazing isn't it.

When we both went to secondary school, we were still in the same class in form 1. Even before clubs and uniform bodies had their introduction week, I pulled her to join band assuming we will join the same societies. We were the odd one because as a junior, we should not have the chance to perform in sports day or competition. But we beat the odds and became the very 1st juniors to perform on sports day which falls on March and competition in April (barely 3 months in that band). Later, we were forced to join this other uniform body which has almost the same duty as prefect but they "guard" the roads. Lets call them the yellow dog society(YDS). Other seniors, friends, siblings of friends told us that YDS exist to specially cater for students from lower grades. So I proposed to her to quit and we did. Unfortunately, there was this YDS's high post guy from form 4 refused to let us go and he even made the afternoon supervisor to persuade us.

Anyhow, we managed to release ourself from YDS but some other stories started and this same guy from YDS somehow broke our friendship. We sadly were not in the same class since form 2 and we did not talk to each other since in the middle of form 3 till end of form 5 because some stuff like I said earlier happened (Even in band but she always skipped band practices anyway). Can you believe it? Just because of that guy, we broke our promise. Maybe to her that promise was a plaything but I was serious when I promised. Anyway, when we went for our last Merdeka parade in form 5, I confronted her and we talked a lot about our past and we became friends but not that close anymore(thanks to that stupid yellow head dog). I have my own gang of friends, while she has her own gang of friends but till today we still keep in touch which I am so glad of.

Now she is currently working as a beautician and is a free lancer. She was my make up artist for prom. Sorry guys, this pretty gal is not available and not single but not married yet (soon to be anyway). I hope we will somehow cherish this friendship and even though not as best friend, as friends is also good enough.




Person no 2
She was a smart gal who managed to skip standard 4 through PTS and we were in the same class since standard 5 till form 5. Can you believe it. I actually did not really realise it until we were in form 4 and sat next to each other. She was a very small, tiny, skinny gal that loves to draw anime. My family do not buy or get Chinese newspaper hence I always do not know what is happening to Jay. Hence she was the one who brings that celebrity section to school for me to read and even cut pictures of Jay for me from the newspapers!! Now when you go to my cupboard, you can still see the whole pile of newspaper cuttings about Jay from her.

The part where I really miss about her is the time we had Maths lessons. Both of us love to compete to finish maths homework. Since I was a band member and a prefect while she a librarian, I always tend to get back to class after recess or after assembly very very late and there she will be doing her homework and teasing me slow. Besides that when both of us are finishing our Maths or Add Maths homework, we get agitated very easily when disturbed. There was this once when Wann Huei who loves to disturb us accidentally knocked our table while we were doing Maths homework. At that instant....OI !!!!! Both of us shouted and WH was scared and quickly apologised. We did not stop to forgive or laugh but continued with our work. Hahaha...

Sadly, she lost both her parents in form 5 and her result was getting bad. Somehow, within that 2 years we bonded and I became a very close friend to her. Losing both parents at the year of SPM was a real traumatic period for her but she was so tough and strong. She made it through and thank goodness did not fair badly in SPM. I am still so proud of her.

Currently she is studying IT or graphic design at KL and is still that small size!!




On 31st March, both my this 2 good friends celebrate their birthday and I want to take the opportunity to wish them
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I miss you guys a lot!!!!

No comments: