Saturday, December 6, 2008

marriage


I'm sure most of you know what are my views about this topic. I don't believe in happily ever after. Period.

Yesterday when I replaced the receptionist of my ballet school, I had a small talk with one of my ballet teacher who is still single even though she is already in her 40s.

She told me how different it is to be marriage-less. Yes, it is free, commitment-less, joyful yet lonely. When she looked at her friends, sometimes she envies them for having a husband/wife/kids (minus the hassle and arguments). She has proposals and all but she rejected them because she felt that they were not suitable. According to those people who look at your future, told her mom that she was supposed to be a mother-in-law when my teacher was in her 20s but my teacher changed her own fate.

When I told her my thoughts of following her footsteps, she said, don't hold back when you meet that guy who you think is suitable, never ever restrict yourself where others failed. But I don't want to. I just lost my faith in this type of commitment, routine, circle of life. Work, take care of kids, look after the house, service your husband etc...

I don't know what my future holds, whether I'll change my mind and get lots of letters stating "I told you you'll get married eventually". I don't want to have an unhappy marriage, where people gets hurt, where I am tied up, where I am not happy. For now, I shall stick to my plan that I decided 2 years back.

This is for my hubby who is at US

Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera
What will be, will be.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTH?? HAHA! Miss you! Go temple lah! =)

Regards,
Hubby